Tuesday 17 July 2012

Day 6 (Moffat to Crianlarich)

Another big day today with great scenery once you get to Loch Lomand. I was surprised to see how run down Glasgow and the surrounding areas were. There seems to be very little in Glasgow to spend on building, however I did see some new buildings going up. Road conditions were poor again with some improved patches.
I now know where Malawi's capital got it' name, Blantyre. Mostly now council estates. I think Livingstone was from Glasgow.
Sun was out when I started in Moffat as I climbed out of the valley back over to the A74 (M), but the sun did not last. Overcast all day and some rain at the end. Head wind made it a bit tough though. Arrived in Crianlarich and straight to Best Western hotel as I had no phone reception. Very friendly staff. Bike is next to the stairs. I hope it's still there in the morning.
Hotel is popular with the oldies.
Heavy rain predicted tomorrow. Spoke to a local who said that's everyday.
She, her husband and eleven year old son did LEJOG over Easter in 16 days. That's impressive.
Got a pic of Rangers football club in Glasgow for all the Rangers fans. The Loch Lomand National Park is a beautiful place. Need to come back again with the family.
Total time was 10hrs, Ride time was 8.27hrs. Total distance was 109 miles,
Ave speed was 12.9mph.


1 comment:

  1. What a summer to do LEJOG. Sounds like you are in good spirits though and doing really well. Keep those legs spinning.

    ReplyDelete