Friday 13 July 2012

Day 2 (Okehampton to Bristol)

It's been a much harder day today. Yesterday felt easy because the rain distracted me. Today we had rain when we started and than a mixture of sunshine and heavy showers. I was not sure if I should remove my waterproof jacket or keep it one. One minute I was shivering cold and 15min later boiling hot. Today was a much more lumpy as we stuck to the A38 to Bristol. Paul had a puncture half way though that saw us having to change his tyre in the rain, not fun. Covered the classic Clifton suspension bridge today (pic) and had two massive climbs into Bristol. Cycled through the counties Devon, Somerset and Avon. Tomorrow we head to Hereford, but tonight I am out on the town with Paul, Neil, Claire and Scott. Should be a good night. Hopefully not too much of a hungover tomorrow. Today I had lovely sunshine in Bristol which makes a change from the rain. Weather forecast is looking better tomorrow and the support from Paul and Paul & Neil will be a welcome change.
Total distance was 95 miles. Overall time 8.5 hrs, cycle time 7.29 hrs. Ave 12.6 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment